Buying a property in Bulgaria is a simple and straightforward process. We are here to help and guide you through every stage of your purchase. There are several important steps that must be made to purchase a property in Bulgaria and our friendly staff will be always ready to guide you and to give you and expert advice.
Buying property in Bulgaria is easy and is not more or less difficult than buying in any other foreign country. There is only one specific thing that is to be taken into consideration when buying property in Bulgaria and it is that according to the Bulgarian Constitution and legislation foreign persons currently are not permitted to own land in Bulgaria and can acquire only buildings but not land on which the buildings are built.
This is easily overcome by forming a Bulgarian registered company with you being a sole owner and director.
Setting up a company in Bulgaria is very easy and our solicitors will do this for you. The preferred form of business is a Limited Liability Company /OOD/. It is a commercial company with share capital owned by its members whose liability is limited to the amount of the capital subscribed. One or more persons, including foreign nationals may found a private limited liability company in Bulgaria for the purpose of owning a property. The minimum foundation capital is 5000 Bulgarian leva /2600 Euros/. You need to open a bank account and to deposit the initial company capital. This money can be withdrawn once the company has been formed. It usually takes up to 4 weeks for a company registration. You do not need to be present in Bulgaria while your company is being registered as our solicitors will do this for you. All you have to do is to sign all relevant documents in English. You will be explained in details all steps and all documents that you will be signing. Charge for setting up a Bulgarian Limited Company is 550 Euros which includes all state’s, legal and solicitor’s fees.
Please find bellow the steps for buying a property in Bulgaria:
• Visit our website
• Find a property
• Make a preliminary enquiry and get answers to all your questions about the property
• When you are completely satisfied and sure that you really want to buy the property, place a deposit to secure your new home in Bulgaria. The deposit is usually 10% of the asking price and a preliminary contract is signed. The deposit is nor refundable in case you pull out of the deal.
• We then do detailed checks on title documents, building permissions, debts on title, etc.
• If the property that you like to buy comes with land we start setting up a Bulgarian company for you.
• After the company is formed and we have made sure that the vendor is the legal owner of the property you now are ready for the final transfer of ownership.
• Make an appointment with a notary and sign the Contract of Purchase /Title Deed/
• Transfer the remainder of the funds and get the title deeds transferred to your name.
• Become a proud owner of a property in Bulgaria.
Please note that in case of off-plan developments the final Title Deeds are not signed until the building is completed .
Property BG charges 3% administrative and after sales fees, but not less than 4000 Euro.
Please also note than in Bulgaria there is a Tax estimation price /similar to ratable value in UK/ which is usually several times lower than the sale price. Because of various reasons most vendors prefer that this lower price rather than the real sale price is written in Title deeds. Due to this practice there might be discrepancies between the price you are paying and the price written in title deeds and PROPERTY.BG can not be held responsible for that.
One-bed apartments in Lulin One-bedroom apartments Offering in Sofia has increased . Over the past three months on the market were placed over 400 new one-bedroom apartments of this type, with nearly 80% of them in residential neighbourhood "Lyulin". With a bit of a...more
Analysts: Lending to buyers with good incomes has been relieved According to \"Consumer loan center\" most peopel are seeking loans from 10,000 to 30,000 euros.
Buyers with good incomes were able to benefit from lower housing prices in September shows analysis from the \"Loan Center\" for the last...more
Two-bedroom apartments are again the most expensive properties for sale per square meter in Sofia. Prices of studio apartments have decreased with 4.2% over the past forty days in Sofia. Contrary to the usual trend price per square meter for studio apartment is now comparable with that of one-bedroom apartments and higher than the price...more